Friday 1 February 2013

A New Year A New Notebook(well two and a new pen)

A New Year A New Notebook(well two and a new pen)

You may be asking why the title of this post is titled `A New Year` when were already in February 2013. Well, for my family we say our New Year begins on February 1st. The reason for this you may be asking? In January 2001 we lost a beloved member of our family. An auntie, a sister and daughter. My lovely and incredible auntie, Lorna.

Mum said, growing up I used to argue with her like a siter. I remember when I was six, she took me to go and see Steps, one of my favourite bands growing up. She also bought me a toy cow which I used to take with me everywhere which I still believe I have tucked away somewhere amongst my many soft toys(there`s a few, believe me).

But yeah,I wont go into any more detail than that. Since her death, more than 10 years ago, for some reason we have always celebrated our New Year on the 1st February as it never seemed right to celebrate it in January when she was no longer with us. It also seemed right as my dad`s birthday is the 2nd Feb(tomorrow) which means mine follows exactly two months afterwards. Woo!

Nineteen. Wow, where has this year gone? It doesn`t seem possible to say that I`m almost nineteen or that it was almost a year ago since I got my braces fitted three weeks before my 18th movie themed birthday party. As you can probably tell from my profile picture I dressed up as one of Hollywood`s famous icons. One who went by the name of Miss Audrey Katheleen Hepburn(who I also share a middle name with. Pretty cool, huh?)






New Notebooks

Anyway, in celebration of the `New Year` I bought myself two fresh new notebooks so I could sepearate my articles, stories and fanfictions into two different notebooks rather than having them all over the place in the notebook I use now. That way I now have four sepearate notebooks. One for research which will contain character descriptions and research for stories. One for my articles and reviews for `The People`s Movie`s. One for my fanfictions and stories. Plus the one that`s all jumbled for anything else I can think of. That way I`m more organised and everything is in order rather than having to go all the way through the notebook to find a certain piece of writing or idea.

Photo: Woo love buying new notebooks and pens <3

A Love of Books

I also saw my friend Becky(an aspiring author,like myself) who lent me the second and third books in the `Hush Hush` triology by which I posted about in a previous post last week titled `NTAs,Uni Life and Les Mis` which I can`t wait to get stuck into.

We spent the afternoon catching up and having lunch in `The Eight Bells` before going into WHSmiths and The Works where I bought two more books which I didn`t need. `Something From Tiffany`s (that speaks for itself by the post and photos above) and `Breakfast at Darcy`s` the second book by Ali McNamara.

When I got home I also found out that the sequel to `From Notting Hill with Love..Actually` `From Notting Hill to New York..Actually` also by Ali McNamara had arrived. Now I have the decision of deciding which to read first. Decisions Decisions.

Photo: Which to start with <3

That`s pretty much it for today, not alot to tell really. I shall now spend my time transferring everything over to the required notebook and deciding which book I want to read first. Exciting Stuff!

Ciao for now.

Emily <3

No comments:

Post a Comment