Monday 4 February 2013

`From Notting Hill to New York...Actually, Love Rekindled and `Said`

`From Notting Hill to New York Actually`-An Update

Those who have been keeping track of my blog will know that I recently started the second in the series of `From Notting Hill` book series by Ali McNamara. I recently read another few chapters and am now on chapter 12. I don`t know what it is but there`s something about books, like films that can`t beat the orginal book. I`ll keep reading as it`s starting to get really good, what with the reference to Breakfast at Tiffany`s and all. I had to say I got a bit excited when I read that as I`m a huge fan of Audrey Hepburn. I`m looking forward to seeing what other film references I recognise and how the story progresses.

Love Rekindled

Ok, so in yesterday`s post I mentioned that I had sent my friend Karen my fanfiction,Love Rekindled for her to look at and check and beta for spelling and suggestions etc. There was a certain chapter I wanted help with which she hasn`t got to yet as she only edited the prologue but I feel a bit better knowing that someone else is checking it over.

The way she highlighed spelling mistakes,made sure sentences flowed etc was really helpful. I did notice however that I use the word `said` quite alot. I`ve always had this problem, even in school my english teachers would write `use a different alternative to the word said`. I think it`s about time I took this into consideration, especially if I want to be a journalist and author, I need to start using a better vocabulary.

With this being the case I`m still going to keep the orginal post I posted about Love Rekindled on here but create a new post with the updated and beta`d version too.

That`s pretty much it for today I think, well writing and reading wise anyway.

Emily <3

No comments:

Post a Comment