Tuesday 12 February 2013

Reading,BAFTAs and Tom Hiddleston Fanbook.

Sorry for the lack of posts recently. Not alot to report in the writing department but I did start the second in the Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick a few days ago and am currently on chapter 13.

I`m not sure if I mentioned if I was going to the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday but I did. Here`s the post:

BAFTAs:




Okay then so here`s the full account of the day at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday 10th February 2013.

After much anticipation of not knowing whether I was going or not going my friend Becky text me Friday night saying she could maybe go and would if it didn`t snow. We started to arrange it that night not knowing for definate what was happening. She asked if she could sleep the next night if she was going and ofcourse I said yesterday.

Still not know what I was doing me and mum went to Folkestone on the Saturday just to get of the house. Bad move because I yet again ended up by buying more clothes I couldn`t afford. A new navy blue skirt, a white blowse and new dress to wear to the Ritz for mums birthday(I now have a few choices, not that I need them.) Anyway Becky text me half way through shopping saying that she was going and asked what time to come round. I replied back letting her know that she could come round anytime and decided between 5 and 6.(She ended up texting me about 5 saying she`ll be at the station for 7).

Me and mum went into Asda and got pizza for dinner and came home. At half 6 I got the last bus down town to the station to meet her. I met her, we came home and had a chilled evening listening to music on Youtube and reading each others writing. We didn`t get to sleep till about 2:30 and we had to be up at 5:30 to get the 7 o clock train.

With three hours sleep we got up and dressed in record time which let me tell you was an effort, and got on the train to London. On the way I text my friend Hannah who I met on Twitter at the Salmon Fishing premiere as she was also going aswell as my friend Laura, who I also met on Twitter and who is a fellow Tom Hiddleston Fan.

We arrived at Charing Cross at 9am greeted by Laura and her fiancee, James and the rain. It was nice to meet a fellow Hiddlestoner in person, someone who understood my love for Tom Hiddleston. We spent most of the day fangirling about how amazing he was and how excited we were to possibly meet or get a glimpse of him.

We walked along to Covent Garden and the Theatre Royal Theatre were Shrek was being performed to collect our wristbands.

Hannah and her sister Rosie had just arrived so we all caught up and chatted about who we were most excited to see. We recieved our wristbands around 10:30. The first thing we done? Took pictures of them as evidence to prove to everyone that we were close to getting a glimpse of some of the most famous celebrities.





We then went into Starbucks, the meeting and waiting place it would have seemed for everyone waiting to go to the BAFTA red carpet. As there weren`t any seats we ordered our drinks and went downstairs to find a table and ended up sitting across from a few fellow hiddlestoners and girls who went last year. We ended up sitting and talking about Tom Hiddleston,Project Wendy and who they saw last year for the few hours we were in there which was great fun.

At around 12 we made our way back to the theatre where we had to wait to get in the press pens. The que was so long and the rain was getting harder as the day went on.

I text my Hiddlestoner friend, Dani whilst I was in the que waiting to ask her to let the Hiddlestoners group on Facebook know that me and Laura were there. They all sent luck and good luck wishes which was really sweet. We were also stood behind some girls who started singing songs from Les Mis. It was so hard not to join in! I later found out I knew them from Twitter.

We got into the pen around 1 and yet more waiting began! We were right behind the camera tent whcih didn`t help and turned out to be quite embarrising when we found out that we could be seen and heard on the Facebook livestream.



The rain continued to pour snd the snow began. It was then that I doubted whether it was really going to be worth it or not. Laura kept me occupied by starting a game of The Hiddleson Alphabet and it was fun to watch all the people on the carpet.

Time passed and the snow started! By 4:30 we were bored and just wanted it all to begin. We didn`t have to wait much longer as at 5pm everyone started to arrive. I was quite annoyed that I couldnt see and thought of leaving and that it really wasnt worth it.

Tom then arrived and ofcourse the hiddlestoners in our little sector began to freak out, including myself. Me and Laura exchanged an Oh my god, its Tom Hiddleston, hes actually here! He slowly worked his way along the carpet greeting fans and posing for photos. It was so amazing just to see someone you admire in the flesh! I got a few good pictures before he made his way up the carpet and everyone else started to arrive, Anne Hathaway,George Clooney and Hugh Jackman to name a few.
Tom then made his way back down the carpet to hug Eddie Redymane who he went to Eton with and greeted more fans, signing more things and taking photos. He came back up to our section allowing me to get some more great photos of both him and his publicist, Luke (who I got an email from last year regarding the fanbook) but unfortunately not close enough to speak or get a picture of him myself.







Laura did however get her phonecase of Loki signed which she was absolutely over the moon about! He then tweeted her last night saying he remembed it which is pretty awesome! She left after that whilst myself,Hannah and Becky stayed and watched the celebrities arriving. I got in a bit closer and got a few more decent shots and met a few more hiddlestoners who I showed my video message that my friend Sean got Tom to do for me. More fangirling commenced!




Sarah Jessica Parker, Ben Whishaw and other celebrities arrived although I didn`t get many photos as the rain and snow had gotten worse.










When the carpet has finished myself,Becky,Hannah and Rosie had a quick bite in Nandos before going our seperate ways as we needed to get home due to the snow being pretty bad in Dover.
We caught the 8:10 train back home where I sat and uploaded my photos from the day to Facebook. One of the great things about my new camera and arrived back home a few hours later.
I arrived home to some absolutely lovely tweets and facebook messages from all the fellow hiddlestoners letting me know how happy they were for me which was really nice.

Despite the cold,rain and snow it turned out to be a good day and worth it. It was nice seeing Hannah again and meeting a fellow hiddlestoner in person and getting to see Tom Hiddleston and some great photos despite the fact we couldn't see much was the icing on the cake! Hopefully i`ll get my chance to actually meet him when I give him the fanbook in March!

`Why we love Tom Hiddleston` A Fanbook Update <3

Seeing Tom on Sunday made me even more determined to complete the book to the best of my ability. To see him smile and his appreciation.

The letters and things that are getting submitted for the Fanbook are truly incredible and beautiful. Just read a really sweet letter and it almost made me cry. I’m so proud to be part of this fandom and to be creating this Fanbook for our beloved idol and inspiration Thomas William Hiddleston. He is a true inspiration to us all and all your contributions I know he will truly love and know how much he is appreciated by us all. I just hope I get to give it him and finish it in time as to not let you all down because that would truly break my heart. I love you all so much. Thankyou so much for all the lovely messages regarding my pictures and time at the BAFTAs on Sunday it’s truly appreciated and I know that Tom will love the book just by how lovely this fandom is. I love this fandom so much. We’re not just a fandom. We’re a family. An army. Hiddles army.

I had a few more ideas for it so here`s an update:

As well as the following:
  • Pictures of Tom- As the background for the messages to be put over as he obviously knows what he looks like but i dont want to keep the pages white.So feel free to send me your favourite pictures so they can be included.
  • Messages from you fellow Hiddlestoners-About why you love him, how he has changed your life or inspired you or anything you want to say to him. (keept it clean)
  • Pages dedicated to each of Tom`s characters he has played-with messages about your favourite roles including John Plumptree, William Buxton,Magnus,Edward,Loki,F.Scott Fitzgerald,Freddie Page,Captain Nicholls,Henry V/Prince Hal
  • Fan Encounters-fan encounters from when he met fans in Detroit and Cologne or if anyone else has been lucky to meert him and wants their experience included.
  • Fan Art-drawings of tom or your favourite charatcers hes played
  • Edits-Edits of tom etc
  • Project Wendy-Your pictures of your versions of Project Wendy. Im aware that he has been sent a book with pictures of fellow fans supporting their wendy`s but this is for anyone who didnt take part in that project and would still like Tom to see their Wendy.
  • Pages dedicated to each of the social networking sites-including Facebook,Twitter, Tumblr and Yotube with links for the blogs,groups and videos dedicated to him that you would like him to see.
It will also include:
  • Pages with photos from his UNICEF trip-With messages for those who do volunteer work or who have been inspired to do vounteer work because of him
  • A page dedicated to Luke Windsor-Tom`s Publicist. Luke does so much for Tom and hes done a lot for us too so I think he deserves a page so we can show our inspiration for him.
  • Links to fanfictions-I wasnt going to include this but im thinking of including links to clean fanfictions some that he may like to read to show how he inspires us. I for one wouldnt be writing again if it wasnt for him.
  • Tom`s Tomato Soup-Inspired by last years BAFTAs where Tom bought the Empire journalist the Tomato Soup. Take pictures of yourself either holding the Tomato soup or with it in the background.
  • Things we love about Tom: I was scrolling through my archive the get pictutes for the book and came across posts I reblogged with things we like about Tom made by hiddlesgiggles who is going to send me all of the pictures so i can add them in.
  • Aswell as anything else you can think of. This is as much my fanbook as it is yours. I just came up with the idea and am handing it to him so anything else you think he might want to see feel free to let me know.
Deadlines for submissions is Sunday 17th March 2013 as i plan on giving the book to Tom at the Jameson Empire Awards on Sunday 24th March 2013 and that therefore gives me a week to put it all together.

I am also looking into making a PDF version of the book so you can all view the final product that will be given to Tom.

Messages should be no longer than an A4 page as its an A4 book and i wouldnt want it to take up more than one page as it would be a hassle for me. You can however submit up to 8 edits which will take up four pages of the book.

Contributions can be sent via:

Email: whywelovetomhiddleston@gmail.com or emily.p@hotmail.co.uk with Tom Hiddleston
Fanbook in the subject

Facebook: Emily Pontin (i`m the one wearing the Wendy scarf)

Twitter: @PontinEmily or to the Twitter dedicated to the fanbook @Hiddleslovex
or via my Tumblr: www.hiddlesandmcavoy.tumblr.com

Thankyou darlings i look forward to your entries. Spread the word between fellow hiddlestoners, like and reblog so we can get as many fans involved as possible and prove how much we love Tom and thank him for being such an amazing person <3

That`s pretty much it really. No writing involved although hopefully it will pick up again soon.

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment