Friday 1 February 2013

Not Alot to Tell-January 31st

Not Alot to Tell

Sorry I didn`t post yesterday I didnt really think there was alot to tell. Not writing wise anyway. For those interested however, i`ll fill you in on what I did yesterday before writing up today`s post.

Okay so Thursday 31st January. Wow that months gone quick!

Twitter, Tumblr and the Orthodondist

My morning was spent on my ipod browsing Twitter and Tumblr and reading Tom Hiddleston Fanfiction, like most days. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I then had an othodontist appointment mid morning at 11:45. As mum was off work she came with me and waited in the waiting room. We arrived 5 minutes late for the appointment(which is unusual for me, i`m never late for anything, usually the opposite and 10 minutes early) after leaving half an hour before and just getting there in time to realise we`d been following the wrong signs as the orthodonist clinic had moved(again!).

When we finally got there, there was only one girl before me before I got called in. Not bad considering I was a few minutes late. Now I prepared myself for the worst as I`m usually one to get moaned at for not cleaning my teeth properly. Today, was an expection. For once she actually seemed happy with my progress and `as though it was a new mouth` which I was shocked at but am certainly not complaning about.

After enduring the pain of my braces being tightened and my brackets being changed(I now have purple brackets) we took the long walk back home. The hospital is much further than you would think. When driving it doesn`t seem so bad, but walking oh geez. It takes forever. Okay, that`s a slight exageration it maybe takes about half an hour but yeah, still quite a long way.

Show Me How You Burlesque



Once we got home me and mum spent the afternoon watching the film Burlesque starring Christian Aguliam,Cher, Kristen Bell and Stanley Tucci. Although I had already seen it I watched it again as mum hadn`t.

The music made the film. Especially with it starring Christian Agulia and we all know she has some pipes! The

The only thing that annoyed me about it is that it was really obvious that they were miming. It didn`t really bother me the first time I watched it as I didn`t really notice it but I think since watching Les Mis and knowing that they sung live you can really tell the difference. I mean I`m not sure if it was meant to be that obvious that they were miming with the fact the film was set in a Burlesque club in LA(hence the film title) and them being required to dance and put on routines I don`t know.

You Learn Something New Everyday!

But yeah. We watched that and then I read a few chapters of `The Paris Wife` before going onto the computer to read and look at a few more writing blogs.

I then typed into Google `Local Authors in Kent` just out of interest to see what came up. Numerous results showed up, some of which I wrote down, researched and now follow on Twitter and who I`m thinking about Tweeting to see if they have any advice or if I can shadow them in some way or another or get some advice and tips.

Whilst searching and browsing it seemed that the towns of Canterbury and Broadstairs were used quite alot. It`s interesting and ironic to know that authors use local towns that you know, live near and have browsed so many times before.

I also found out that the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury is named after playwright Christopher Marlowe, that Ian Flemming author of James Bond and Charles Dickens of classics such as A Christmas Carol and Great Expectations both described The White Cliff`s of Dover in a few of their stories.

You Learn Something New Everyday!

Emily <3

No comments:

Post a Comment